Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Catch Up......

Here are some quilts I have made lately and neglected to post about.  Just being lazy these days.  

First up.....EMBROIDERY FLOWER VASE by Tilda   

64" x 82"

                                                                             

wonky free motion flower grid pattern

The back

 It is a free pattern from Tilda .  I purchased a fabric kit from  Mad About Patchwork which included comparable colours of the Tilda shades converted in Kona solids.  Lots of fabric to complete the top with background is included in the kit.  For the backing, I bought extra of the background colour (Kona Aqua) and also used some of the leftover cuts from the front.  The kit from MAD was very generous. This quilt contains 2,268 x 2" cut (1 1/2" finished) squares.  There is a lot of organization involved in the process.  But the sewing up is uncomplicated.  Just sewing squares together.  I enjoyed making this quilt a lot.  
I free motion quilted on my Pfaff powerquilter sitdown machine.  I stitched a wonky flower gridded design. 

Next up...CAT SCRATCH by Art East Quilting Co. 
                                                                                  
56" x 62" 

It's always a delight to sew up an Art East Quilts pattern.  The instructions are impeccable and so helpful at every step. I think this is my sixth one.  Even though I am not a lover of cats, I just couldn't say no when a sweet little girl asked me to make it for her.  She is definitely a cat lover as she has four and they are represented by a colour in this quilt.  I free motion quilted a meandering loop de loop to resemble a ball of yarn that was in tangles.  

flannel cat fabric on the pieced back 


And then we have....POCKET CHANGE by Kate Griffin for Villa Rosa Designs 
                                                                     

48" x 58"
I have had this pattern on my list for a while so I decided to use a jelly roll called "By the Seaside" by Loes van Oosten for Cotton and Steel.  Add some background fabric and you have a nice little lap quilt.  
                                                              

I free motion quilted with a wavy line in keeping with the ocean themed fabrics that were from the jelly roll.  

And one more quilt from that same jelly roll......MODERN STRIPES QUILT by Frozen Knickers 
                                                                 
                                                                           
48x60
I combined a lovely soft muslin with the rest of the jelly roll strips to make this lap quilt.  
I free motion quilted an odd looking kind of wave from edge to edge to tie in with the seaside theme.
                                                     

 Making the backing used up the rest of the jelly roll.  So no scraps leftover to deal with. 👍


And finally.....The XOXO Quilt by Green Bee 
48" x 64"
Another pattern that I have had for years and just got around to making.  I used up some of my treasured original Cotton and Steel prints with a tone on tone beigey background by C+S. Half square triangles and squares. Easy peasy!  I love big blocks! 
I free motion quilted what is supposed to be a whirly gig design.  It was fun to make this. 
                                                                           
and another pieced backing 

That's it for now.  I hope you enjoy my post and  thank you very much for stopping by.  
I hope you get time today to do some catching up too.  😊

4 comments:

  1. You do make beautiful quilts. I love the quilting on the first one - wonky is not a problem! The jelly roll quilts are my favourites - lovely fresh colours. Good to see you here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been a busy bee! The are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linda, some lovely quilts there... I do love how you use up the bits in the backing, no waste and interesting backings ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Linda, amazing work,they are all beautiful quilts !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.