Sunday, May 21, 2023

I had a layer cake……..

….And I needed to use it before I bought more layer cakes! I am trying very hard to use up what I have.   The layer cake I used for this quilt is called “Stay Gold” by Melody Miller of Ruby Star Society for Moda.  The pattern I used is called “Quilty Arrows” by Emily Dennis of Quilty Love.  I sewed my version differently from the original pattern. The pattern called for cutting the 10” layer cake squares down to 8 3/4” but I chose to keep them at 10”.  When sewing my columns together I didn’t flip every other row, I absentmindedly sewed them all going in the same direction. Oh well, a new look! It finished at 74”x88”.  I used the leftover blocks along with Kona Silver to piece a backing.  For the binding, I used a navy/white  stripe called “Zip” by Rashide Coleman Hale of Ruby Star Society.  

please excuse the shadowy pics.  







I freemotion quilted on my ever faithful Petunia, aka Pfaff Powerquilter 16.0.  I used Aurifil 40wt colour #2024 White top and bottom to stitch a large meandering wiggly overall texture.  One of my favourite things to do. I find it so therapeutic.  

Have a great day and I hope you get time to work on something you enjoy. 😊🪡🧵

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of your layer cake and great quilting. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.