Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Mum and Me

My Mother loved to sit and stitch up preprinted embroidery quilt blocks, tablecloths, pillowcases and bureau runners.  She was very fussy about the back of her work looking as good as the front.  Her last quilt block project was a 15 block kit from Mary Maxim from several years ago.  She stitched the blocks up as soon as she received them in the mail and then they sat forever and I just got them out recently to finish "our" quilt. 

 I can't find the name of the pattern.  This is the third quilt that Mum and I have made together.  Wonderful keepsakes.    

 After she embroidered all the blocks, using a very dark navy blue floss, I sewed them together in a 3x4 grid for the front and used the remaining three blocks on the back.  It measures approximately 48" x 65".  The fabric in the quilt blocks is a poor quality poly/cotton blend but it quilted up very nicely. I used Kona white on the back. 

I machine quilted the entire quilt in back and forth wonky lines. 

I love how it turned out and I know that Mum would too, if she was still here to say so. 😔


It is really hard to photograph a white background so I apologize for the quality.
                                                   




I hope you had time to work on an unfinished project today.  It is so good to call it done!😊


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda.
    I'm sure Mum would definatley love how you made her beautiful embroidered blocks together into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.