Tuesday, February 21, 2023

A February Finish

 I have had this pattern, called "Little Lies" by Laura McDowell Hopper and Mitch Hopper, for quite some time.  I finally got busy and sewed it up.  I am always attracted by lots of negative space in a pattern so I can have fun with the quilting.  I used Alison Glass scraps for the three blocks and the background is an Essex Yarn Dyed Linen/Cotton. Graphite I think. 

On the back is Kona Sangria with a strip of  Alison Glass Remix Ex Libris Art Theory in Charcoal. 

I freemotion quilted in a wacky intersecting squarish organic design in the background using an Aurifil 40# light grey.  I used a pretty dark pink Aurifil 40# thread for the back and the lines in the blocks and also for stitching the binding to the front.  

This little quilt measures 48"x56". 


 

          



                         


                 

I hope you have time today to work on a project! Feels so good to get one completed.   😊


2 comments:

  1. What a great design and I love the back - two for one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda! This is amazing! The back is just as beautiful as the front. As always, your quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.