Thursday, July 16, 2020

Well, that was a fun quilt to make!

I just finished taking this sweet little quilt out of the dryer and I am in love!  It is so soft and crinkly.  It is from the pattern by Amy Ellis called "Dart" .  As soon as I saw this pattern online several months back, it called to me.  I could see all my low volume print scraps and my aqua/teal print scraps just having a ball. 




It was a lot of cutting and pressing scraps but I do love that part!  The blocks are 6" finished and my quilt ends up at 60" x 72".

There were hits of a corrally red in a few of the prints so I chose corrally red prints for the binding and I love how it picks up that colour in the quilt.  

I free motion quilted a horizonal loop-de-loop  




 


On the back,  Doiland Gloss Silver by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery, and a narrow strip of Speckled in Metallic Turquoise by Rashida Coleman Hale and also Kona "Bahama Blue"  

Nice to finish up something! 
I can't believe that my UFO pile has only one quilt top left to finish. It's a wedding quilt and that will have to wait until next year (hopefully!) 

Have a quilty day! 💖





6 comments:

  1. Oh, Linda, it’s just beautiful! That binding! Wow! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish Linda and great use of your scraps. Can I ask what batting you use? You always get a lovely texture with your quilts. Have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Lots of fun movement and vibrancy. The coral-red binding makes it perfect: just the right zing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. It looks great. You're just plowing through your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet scrap quilt Linda...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.