Monday, June 29, 2020

My ScrapSnap Quilt

Great big thank you to Kari at quiltsforthemaking.blogspot.com for the wonderful, scrap busting quilt along   If you go to the link you can check it out and join in at anytime.  The quilt along was to sew 10 blocks a month for 12 months but I ended up sewing 11 rows of 10 blocks each all at once.  I came up with a setting design that I love. I have enough scraps cut to sew another version but I think I will wait for a while.  

60" x 66"
 
For backing, I chose "Cafe Cup" from the Clover collection by Alexia Abegg (which I bought at Sparrow Quilt Co. in Edmonton a few years ago) and a strip of "Eclipse" by Sarah Watts
For thread on bottom - Aurifil 40# white

                                                   


For quilting -  These colours in the coloured strips and Aurifil 40#wt in the low volume areas.  

Lots of thread changes but worth it I think.  Gotta have good tension with coloured thread on top and white in the bottom. There was one small area that I just couldn't get the tension correct (ended up being a needle problem) but decided I didn't want to take it out. 

Here's some close up of the quilting I did in free motion on my Pfaff Powerquilter 16.0  




love that little pink raccoon peeking out!

  
This was a super fun quilt to make. Check out #scrapsnapquiltalong on Instagram for lots of inspiration.

Hope it's sunny and warm, not too hot, where you are. 😊 


8 comments:

  1. How I love this! Such a fun quilt to look at and see the snippets of color mingled in with the low volume prints. (It's waaay too hot here in Iowa today! Ick.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've placed your colours, it makes a very appealing quilt. Cannot believe how much quilting you are getting done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the quilt. I'm going to check out the info. I certainly have plenty of scraps that I need to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! I absolutely LOVE how you took that pattern and worked your magic on it, Linda!!! I think my favorite part of your quilt would have to be the POPS! of color in the low volume sections. SEW awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its gorgeous Linda - love the colours and your quilting is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super version of this quilt, Linda! The controlled colors and wide bands give it serene feel. And yet it is brilliantly scrappy. What a winning combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out amazing. Interesting pattern. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.