Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Deer Me!

Lots of sewing in my world since my last post. I want to show you the wallhanging that I finished.  It has been on my To-Do List for a long, long time. I first saw this pattern, "Oh Deer" by Laura Heine a few years ago and I was drawn to it even though I am not a big fan of deer on my quilts. Go figure!   I bought an entire bolt of the fabric with the deer.  It is called Doiland Gloss Silver by Katarina Roccella and then I spent a long time gathering just what I wanted to create my collaged deer.    I enjoyed the entire process.  My first time making a collage.  Cutting all the flower motifs from my yardage was fun but I sure made a mess.  







I raw edged appliqued the outer deer shape and the collage in free motion and quilted the background in free motion too.  A fun project!  It hangs in my family room.  
Here's a shot of the back.  



I hope you are having a great summer and also getting time to work on your projects.  😊


8 comments:

  1. Your chosen fabrics are perfect for the design, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!! love the back too !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your deer looks fantastic. Great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your version Linda - it is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's really neat! I've never seen this pattern before, and can understand why it caught your eye. Congrats on finishing such a lovely and unique piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, it’s amazing! I can’t wait to see it up close and personal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.