Monday, October 21, 2019

Star Quilt Maker by Lesley

Just had to pop in and show you the sweetest little quiltlet ever!  Made for me by Lesley the Cuddle Quilter.  My sweet friends and I (NSQBQ), for the past several years, have swapped quilted items.  This past year our theme was "words".  Take a look at this little gem that I received. Look at all the detail that Lesley has sewn into this.  It is called "Star Quilt Maker".  Lesley is one herself!  Look at the cute little detachable letters, each one free motion quilted and bound, held on by elastic and a star shaped button.  The background in selvedges, my fave!  And the back, with the binding hand stitched on the back.  So much to see.  Lesley used every text print she had and even wrote freehand on one piece herself.  Note Lesley's very own fabric in the lower left corner.  She has captured most of my quilty likes in this one little 20" x 24" creation.  This will hang proudly in my sewing room.  Thank you, Lesley! 💖











Friends who quilt are the best!!!   Have yourself a wonderful quilty day. 😊


14 comments:

  1. It was a joy to make for such a special gal! You make me blush with all that praise. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you love using neutrals for a mixed backing I have been doing that a lot lately

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a special mini made by your friend Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a perfect gift for you from Lesley, wow , I just love it ! I really need to buckle down and get mine made , I feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous! Lovely to know that your little group is still swapping - I love to see what each of you makes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are the BEST! There is just something about quilty friends. And the talent in your 4some is humbling. Bravo Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Lesley - that's brilliant, and perfect for Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty awesome! That Lesley! She’s really something special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Lesley did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lesley, this is just beautiful! You know I love quilty letters! This is so special!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! It is certainly a treasure, but having friends who know you so well is even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.