Saturday, June 11, 2016

TBT Volume 11

                                                      


It time for Throwback Thursday, Volume 11 with Jennifer over at A Quarter Inch from the Edge.  The quilt I am showing you today is a sampler I made for my Mother, finished in December of 1998.  It was a Block of the Month project from the long ago closed, Quilters Hope Chest in Halifax, NS.  It was machine pieced and hand quilted.  I did a lot of stitch in the ditch back in the day.   It is still on the bed in a spare room at my Mother's house.  It's faded and worn but still very cuddly and warm.  




+


It's fun to look back and remember projects from years ago.  I'm linking up with Jennifer so why not stop by the Linky Party and check out all the other TBT goodies.  

8 comments:

  1. Precious! It's exactly where it belongs, in a little house by the sea! Look at all the hand quilting you did. I was a hand quilter, too, but I never got that fancy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. A timeless, pretty quilt, made even more special with your beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why I got into quilting! I'm all about old and soft and cozy. So happy this has been saved and is still in use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see a beautiful quilt well-used. Thank you for the close-ups of your pretty hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you have framed the blocks before adding the sashing - I have some blocks awaiting sashing and you may just have given me an idea! Lovely that it is still in use. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Quilter's Hope Chest! I wasn't a quilter at the time, sadly! This quilt reminds me of so many quilts I saw in my early days. Glad it's still loved and well used! Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so fun to see how far you have come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.