Saturday, May 28, 2016

NSQBQ @ Thistle Quilt Guild Show

It's that time of year again.  Time to meet up with my fellow Nova Scotia Quilting Bloggers Quartet (NSQBQ) members at the Annual quilt show presented by the Thistle Quilt Guild held in Westville, NS.
There's Sheila of Sheila's Quilt World (She is a member of Thistle Quilt Guild) and
Lesley the Cuddle Quilter and Karen of KaHolly and me.  I brought along my daughter, Nicola, and also my friend and guildmate, Beth (no quilt blog). 
Today was the big reveal of our pillow challenge.  When we met last summer we decided on making a pillow for our exchange this spring.  The theme was curved piecing. 

I received the pillow made by Lesley

Karen received the pillow made by Sheila
Lesley received the pillow made by Karen

Sheila received the pillow made by Me

Sorry to say but other photos I took at the quilt show turned out too blurry and I won't be posting them.  But it was a wonderful show, as usual.  Maybe the others got some better shots and will be posting.  
UPDATE...check out Sheila's post for pics of the quilts.
Hope you had a great day and got time to do something quilty!

15 comments:

  1. It was a fabulous day spent with wonderful friends. The quilt show was excellent and the pillow exchange was amazing! So glad we connected years ago through our blogs and continue to connect in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all - so creative! What a great exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous challenge pillows! What great quilty friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous challenge pillows! What great quilty friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wonderful pillows! I cringed a bit when I read curved piecing....something I have not attempted yet. Glad you all had a chance to meet up and enjoyed the show :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad these pictures came out good! Our pillow challenge swap was so much fun. I'm just loving mine! It was a glorious day that ended too soon. I simply cannot wait for our next get together! Having Niki and Beth along was the icing on the cake! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures turned out great ! It was so nice to have each of you come and spend the time with me at the quilt show , I feel blessed to have such great friends with such amazing talent . Linda thanks for taking Niki and Beth along with you , we enjoyed their company .

    ReplyDelete
  8. So envious of you girls all getting together! Great collection of pillows - cushions in my language! they should all have been in the show too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see how you all rose to the challenge - gorgeous cushions! Glad to hear you all had a fun day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great looking pillows. I hope you ladies had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pillows are all gorgeous. My silly family decided to have a big BBQ on the day of the show.....naughty family...lol. I would have loved to have gone to the show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pillows! Congratulations to all of you!
    I looked at the photos of the exhibition at the Sheila blog. Beautiful work!
    I saw my friends in the picture! It is very nice to meet you and the work you do!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow Kaholly, and clicked over here. All those pillows are great! What a fun swap that was. Now I'm clicking over to Sheila. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pillows, too bad about your pictures, luck you have friends with blogs to help you remember the sow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.