The first photo shows 19 - 9" handpieced blocks that are stained and smelly. The second photo shows the scraps that were included with the 19 blocks. There is enough of the muslin, which I think is flour bag, along with one of the prints, to make another block so I would have an even number, as I would like to sew them into a quilt. They really are too special to me not to do something with them. The lady that made these has passed away many years ago. I did know her when I was a child, so I think she would like it if I finished her project.
|Notice the blue and yellow print in the lower right corner....That is the original print and I have the same print in my reproduction fabric collection. How cool is that!!|
|This pattern was started, all the pieces for the dress and hat were traced and cut out. I don't plan on continuing on with this pattern but I will use all the pieces for something else|
|This dresden plate was started and left unfinished. Not very many of the blades were already cut, but there are lots of scraps to cut more if I decide to make several blocks.|
|Found several of these butterfly blocks complete with template made from a magazine page.|
|Love this butterfly. There was only one already appliqued but I have lots more if I want to make some more blocks.|
|A different butterfly, just one.|