Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What's Happening?

I have been busy the past week.  Trying to keep up with my many UFOs.  At least I haven't started anything new.  Well, a bit of a lie!  I did make another block to donate to the Prospect Quilt. A herring gull. I had purchased a wallhanging pattern last year, from The Harbour Quilt Co, in Antigonish, N S, (Unfortunately, no longer in business)  and this gull was a portion of the  design in the pattern.  It will fit in with the Village by the Ocean theme. 
I also was able to finish up sewing together the 30 hand embroidered 18" blocks that my Mother had stitched some time ago.  It is now in flimsy stage awaiting handquilting.  It measures approx 90" x 108"  It will be easy to quilt though.  I wont be using the prestamped quilting design.  I just didnt care for it so I will trace on my own design. It doesnt photograph very well but be assured, it is quite pretty and will be beautiful when quilted. 

I am also working on getting another quilt top to flimsy stage.  It is an applique quilt I made several years ago.  It is from a pattern called "Through the Garden Window" I think.  I hand dyed most of the fabrics.  I love that the backgrounds are all different pieced designs. That makes it a bit more interesting than using just a plain background . I will be adding two more borders.  I started work on the borders today and hope to finish up in the next day or so.  I am going to machine quilt this one.  It will be a wall hanging for my upstairs hallway.
I have also been handquilting "MY Reminiscense" quilt.  And I have been ironing a lot of large scrap pieces, getting them ready, in anticipation of the new Accuquilt dies that I have ordered.  I ordered the 2 1/2" strip cutter and I am very anxious to get it working for me. 

Here is a bit of FMQ that I have been doing on a very old UFO.  I still have the borders to finish. 
It's snowing a bit right now and very cold so I am going to curl up with my quilt and do a bit of handquilting before suppertime.    Today is Retired Hub's 61st birthday so we will doing take-out for a treat.  He gets to pick.  So far its a toss up between Chinese food and Subway.  His decision.  Bet he goes for Chinese! 

I am linking up with The Needle and Thread Network.  Check out all the wonderful happenings this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.