I know you must be bored with seeing and hearing about these same old projects but I am making progress and moving on. I got the binding sewn on my son's "Felt Quilt" I tried a new way this time. I sewed it on entirely by machine. It worked OK for this project but not sure if I would do it again. Depends on the circumstances. I used a black Kona for the binding and used a decorative stitch to sew it down to the front. For the label, I used a few strips of the black flannel print from the first "Felt Quilt" (I wonder if my son will notice) . I used a Star Trek flannel fabric for the backing panel. I am giving it to him tomorrow. Hope I can get a pic of him with his new quilt to show. I am done with flannel! Hope I never have to make a flannel quilt again. Just sayin'!
Got my "Puzzle" quilt top all sewn together and then started work on the back. I wanted a pieced back so I set to work sewing up the leftovers from the front., in an improv manner. But now, after arranging them on my design wall, I think I might just have another quilt top. Still have lots more scraps. Not sure, the ideas are still swirling. I need some more Kona Iron to finish it up. I am anxious to get to quilting this one.
|Don't you just love my old flannel bedsheet design wall!!|