Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I'm on a roll!

Another golden oldie done! This log cabin top has been sewn up and waiting for quilting since mid 2009.  It was the first quilt top that I sewed up using my newly purchased Pfaff QE 4.0, which is still my main machine for piecing.  
My UFO pile is getting smaller.  I have another one basted and ready to go under the needle soon as I finish writing this post.  

This top was made entirely from scraps and yardage from stash for the backing, an older Ikea print.  
  Stash + Scraps = SCRASH!   
My favourite colour combo at the time was jewel tones.   I ended up appliqueing the small red centre square as an afterthought.  Glad I did that.  It needed a little pop. 
It measures 72" x 96".  Not sure where it will live right now.
  I free motion quilted my giant feathers in the lighter areas and orange peel in the centre using Aurifil 50# colour 2975 a bronzy dark gold and did a meandering stitch using Aurifil  50# colour 1125 a gorgeous shade of dark turquoise.  In the bobbin , Aurifil 50# white.  For binding, Nightfall by Kona, a really dark navy.  








How about you?  What are you up to today?  Are you getting close to finishing up a project? 😊



12 comments:

  1. very nice. Wish I could get some quilt tops finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! A wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Linda! Your pictures came out great! Such vibrant colors. Congratulations on finishing up another gorgeous UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really on a roll. Well done. Such bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout for that pattern. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beautiful quilting is perfect for the log cabin - beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Love your log cabin and your wonderful feathers! I watched your trunk show, beautiful work, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never disappoint!! It’s beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! Love the glimpses of your giant feathers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, look at you go! You most certainly ARE on a roll! You go girl! It's beautiful. Love every Log Cabin I see...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.