Friday, February 15, 2019

Finally Finished!

Another finish for me.  A golden oldie!  I started this quilt top in November of 2012 and finished sewing it in February of 2013.    It is a mystery quilt-along with Bonnie Hunter called "Easy Street".  
I was still handquilting in 2013 so this went on the pile of UFOs waiting for me to handquilt and there it stayed until I hauled it out last weekend and decided to finish it up.  It is 96" x 96".   Got my husband to help with layering it for basting.  I free motion quilted in a large meander from side to side.  I didn't want to be fancy with the quilting as it wouldn't show because it is so busy.  I used a turquoise Aurifil thread in 40wt on top and a 50wt in an off white in the bobbin.  I used Hobbs 20/80 for the batting.
96" x 96"
I pieced the backing using an Ikea print for the centre panel, Pandalicious by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery, some Kona solid pink and the little pink squares are some pretty pink batiks that my nephew and his wife brought me from the honeymoon trip to Bali.  Not sure what the black and white flower print is. 


For the binding, I used a Rifle paper pink striped fabric


It's a mighty nice feeling to check this one off my list.  I wasn't looking forward to quilting it because it is so big but my trusty sit down quilting machine, Petunia,  (Pfaff Powerquilter 16.0) rose to the occasion and we got it quilted in about 4 1/2 hours. 

What about you?  How are you doing with knocking things off your UFO list?  😊

8 comments:

  1. It’s a fantabulous finish, Linda, a beautiful quilt. Can’t help but love the back! It’s 'groovin'! Finishing up UFO's? Well, I did finish one from a zillion years ago, but now, I am only managing to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. It looks even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice touches you added to the quilt -love the backing, and the pink stripe for the binding. That's a big quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish Linda. Bonnie Hunter designs some lovely quilts. The backing is great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a lovely finish! This one is so rich and wonderful. You're right that fancy quilting would be overwhelmed by the design and a simple meander is just right :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Easy Street, Linda. You did a fabulous job on the backing- wow! And love the pink striped binding. I love striped bindings! Adds a little Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous UFO finish Linda and I love your pieced backing. Could be a reverable quilt...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.