Thursday, March 1, 2018

Moving right along....

The first two months of 2018 have seen very little quiltmaking in my world.  All my attention has been on my parents.  Sadly, my sweet Dad passed away on Feb. 17.  I was there to hold his hand . 


Life goes on and I am just getting back into the swing of things.

 I have signed up for a quilt along with Emily Dennis at Quilty Love   .  A few of my quilty friends are signed up too so should be fun. 


Here is a shot of the fabrics I am using for this quilt. 

Ombre Confetti Metallic by V and Co for Moda


I want to tell you about a class I will be offering soon.  My sweet friend, Adrienne, is living her dream as she has opened a sewing studio/classroom in Dartmouth, NS.  It is called Seam Work.  You can read all about it if you click on the link....


My class is called "Scrapmaster and Friends" and will be held on March 17.  I will be sharing all I know about storing, cutting, sewing and loving fabric scraps.  I have been busy the past few days sewing up samples for the class.  It will be a ton of fun.  There are still a few spots available and I would love for you to join me.
  


My lovely little guild, the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild is having a block lotto coming up soon.  That means that you make the chosen block or two or more and for each block you make you get that many chances to win all blocks.  You could win enough to make a decent sized quilt.  I made two blocks so I get two chances to win. Fingers crossed.



Well, I have a ton of sewing to catch up on so I better get moving.  My to-do list is mostly selfish as I don't have any time sensitive quilts to make in the near future.  No weddings, no babies so far this year.  That could change quickly! 

Hope you get time to do something quilty today!💖


14 comments:

  1. it takes a little while to get back into the swing of things when loosing a parent and helping the remaining parent adjust. Been there and done that and know what you are going through - hope you can loose yourself in your quilting now and then

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Mine has been gone for several years now. I sure wish I could join your class. It sounds like so much fun. I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, but thrilled to read that you were able to be there with him at the end.

    I love those Ombre dots. I saw them at Quilt Con and they were gorgeous. You class sounds like it will be such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss! You are fortunate to be able to work through your grief. Focus on the fabric and life will regain its equilibrium.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest condolences on the loss of your Dad. May fond memories give you comfort during this sad time. I'm sure he was very proud of your skill and creativity in the quilting world! Best of luck with your class; it sounds really terrific. Wish I was close enough to take it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, So very sorry to read of your father's passing. It is a milestone in life that we all know will come, but it's never an easy one. You are fortunate to have had your Dad in your life for this long, I lost my Dad before I was 40. Miss him so...
    Good luck with your upcoming class, I'm sure it'll be a great success. Love love love that ombre confetti fabric! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that you have lost your Dad. Sending love and hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. :( So sorry to read your news, Linda. Been there, done that and life goes on, but not ever the same way. Big hugs. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a tough couple of months for you. The QAL looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so glad you have The Sty to hole up in to process your loss with lots of quilt therapy. It’s good, too, that you committed to teaching at Seam Work to give you something to work toward and look forward to. Wish I had some magic chimney dust so I could be there for your class! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. My most sincere condolences and prayers to you and your entire family. Thanks for sharing your projects. How I wish I could be a part of your class!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about your dad. It's been a difficult time. Getting back into something you love doing, will help you greatly. Thanks for sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to read of the loss of your Dad..
    It'd good you have your sewing to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda, sorry to hear about your Dad passing on. Our dads are so special in our lives and it's sad saying goodbye.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.