Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What's Happening!

I am in "Git 'er done" mode today.  I have "Aerial" all pinned and ready to go under the needle.  My favourite part of quilting. 


I am also preparing my next project for machine quilting.  Just found out recently that my niece is having a baby boy in November, so of course, gotta make a quilt! I made this herringbone earlier this year in preparation.  It is made from the leftover fabric that I used in the wedding quilt from last summer.  I have the back pieced and now it just needs to be ironed and then spray basted to get it ready to quilt.  My niece and her husband are bee farmers in New Brunswick, so of course, there will be bees in the quilt.  


Bee Backing

And a strip of honeycomb

The Wedding Quilt 2014


 I have made 9 bedsized, handquilted samplers over the many years I have been a quilter.  Recently, my lovely little guild decided to quilt along with Sew Mama Sew's Block of the Month.  Perfect! I have been wanting to make a sampler quilt with modern style blocks. I love the blocks. These are the fabrics I have chosen from my stash.  I was going to go scrappy at first but I do adore the simplicity of the fewer colours.  So, I have...from top to bottom...all Konas..Glacier, Graphite, Limelight and Silver for background.  I will be cutting into this luscious pile shortly.



I am linking up with the Needle and Thread Network.  Stop by and check out all the Canadian quilty goodness.  


I hope you had time to do something quilty today!


8 comments:

  1. You have been a busy little bee! And that bee fabric is perfect for your niece. Congrats on their upcoming arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great. I'm thinking about using Kona as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you something! Wind you up and look at you go! How perfect is that bee fabric?! Your niece will be delighted. Love your color choices for the sampler quilt. It will be lots of fun to watch it grow. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aerial is gorgeous, the colours just pop on my screen! I love the bee fabric for Katherine's baby quilt, I haven't seen that print before. As much as I am admiring all your lovely work, I am also impressed with how tidy your cutting table is. Mine never looks like that mid-projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One moment please while I wipe my mouth from salivating all over "Aerial!" Love the little boy quilt you are making also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aerial is beautiful - great name! Loved the wedding quilt which was the photo that made me click over to visit:) Really love your pillow in your header! Inspiring projects. Think the bee fabric is great and will definitely make the quilt a keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you had fabric from the wedding quilt in the stash to make a baby quilt... perfect! Please don't overdo it on quilting of Aerial... lots of breaks, my quilty friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby quilt is such a sweet gift for the new parents to be! I can't wait to see the quilting on both since I know it'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.