My latest project started out from a pile of scraps that I bought. Not my scraps to begin with...but I felt the need to sew up someone else's scraps...I have a problem! My challenge was to take this bag of scraps and add only one other fabric to make a small lap/baby quilt. I love how it is turning out. It isn't finished yet, I think the plan I have for the freemotion quilting will make this just perfect, for me anyway. A modern quilting criteria of an alternate setting was also one of my challenges. That did not come easy. I started out with something entirely different but I didnt have enough fabric, so I just started to sew vertical strips together for each row,(in afterthought, maybe I should have made horizontal rows to mimic the ocean) ending or starting each row with a large sailboat motif. I couldn't cut up the large scraps of sailboats. In the alternate rows, Kona Snow, I improv pieced sailboats. I will do some freemotion quiltilng in the open spaces to compliment and finish with a scrappy binding. I still have some scraps left over but I will just add those to my "Blue Bin" for future use.
PS: Hello and so nice to meet you Mary Farrow Sinclair (no blog) See you in October!