Saturday, January 26, 2013

Traditional Tuesday Sampler - Progress


Since Thursday I have been working on getting another large project on the road to being quilted and done.
This project began on September 20,2011 and nearly every Tuesday until January 1, 2012, a block was issued in a blockalong called Traditional Tuesday.  This blockalong was hosted by Jenifer Dick of 42 Quilts.  I was able to keep up and complete each week's block within the weekly timeframe and achieve my goal of committing to make a block a week.    I started out wanting to make a blue and white sampler but ended up adding red here and there for a bit of a spark and then decided to border around each block with red as well. I really like how it is turning out.    The connecting sashing is a white with tiny blue circles.  I have all the connecting sashing added between each block and now I need to sew the eight rows together and then I will decide on borders.  I used only scraps for the blocks but I did have to purchase just the right red for the block bordering.  The white connecting strips fabric came from stash. 
At this stage it is 71 12" square

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! A red, white and blue quilt is on my someday list! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous, wow you did well to keep up to one block a week ,not sure I could be that committed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so very beautiful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.