Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday - The Needle and Thread Network

Work in progress - Traditional Tuesday Sampler
The Traditional Tuesday Sampler QuiltAlong is hosted by Jenifer Dick of 42 Quilts.  Each Tuesday she posts a 6 1/2" block.  I have been very diligent in making sure that I complete the block of the week before the next one is issued so that I am up-to-date. This weeks block makes #50. Jenifer is adding applique blocks starting with #50 .I hope to get it made today.   I think it is a great mix.    The sampler will have a total of 64 blocks so there are just 14 more to make.  I am making these blocks from scraps . I started out wanting to make the blocks all blue and white but felt the need to throw some red in there once I was a few weeks into it.   I still havent decided how to put them together.   I have to work on that yet.
Jenifer is also hosting a Modern Monday QuiltAlong that started at the same time.  

Mustard Relish  w/cauliflower, onion, cucumber, celery and red pepper
The past week, I have been knitting and handquilting.  Trying so hard not to start something new, at least for a few weeks.  I also, for the first time, made my Grandmother's Mustard Relish.  My mother passed the torch to me, and under her supervision, I produced 19 bottles.  They turned out great but what a lot of work it was and what a mess I made in the kitchen!

I am having a giveaway, so If you would like a chance to win the latest issue of  Quilter's Connection Magazine,  check out my last post.  The giveaway ends Saturday Sept 22 8 pm ADT

I am linking up with The Needle and Thread Network, so stop by an see what everyone across Canada is working on.  





10 comments:

  1. Good Morning! Wow, I am so impressed with all your 6.5" blocks. Your diligence has paid off....they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could do 6 1/2 blocks and make them look a great as yours. That relish looks tasty:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you have been busy lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I wish I would have done those blocks , they are gorgeous and in the blue , white and red they look fabulous. Great looking pickles too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blocks are amazing!!

    I've never been a normal relish fan but I love mustard. This might be a relish I would try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sampler is looking great, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Blue Blocks! And the red adds just the right amount of "sparkle".

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look like mustard pickles that my Mom makes every year. I made some last fall, so delicious with homemade fish cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sampler quilt is coming together beautifully. A block each week - that's an amazing achievement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.