Thursday, September 15, 2011

More Malaysian Batiks



Here's the Malaysian Batiks my Sweet Sister brought me from Kuala Lumpur. They are all gorgeous but my fav is the blue one in the background.   My collection is getting bigger and bigger.  I still haven't decided on how I am going to cut into these lovelies.  I am still waiting to find that "Yes, that's the one!" pattern.  My SS probably will be moving back to Canada, maybe within the next two years, so I have in my head that I want to wait until she moves back and then make her a Malaysian memory quilt.  Just a thought.
Also, my SS's quilting buddy in KL, knows I love scraps, so she sent me the leftovers from a Japanese quilt that she made. How sweet is that!! Most of these "scraps" are almost fat quarter size.  I have a small collection already so these will certainly have some company. I will be sending her something special. 

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I especially like the one on the top, with the cutout design on the leaf.
    I recognize some of these same Oriental prints from my stash :)I love Kona Bay and Kaufman orientals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.