Wednesday, October 14, 2015

What's Happening !

Here's a look at the progress on the quilt that I am making using 22 prints from Tula Pink's "Eden" collection.  I am calling it  "Breaking Away".  No special meaning.  Just looks to me like the wonky strips want to be somewhere else.



 It is all basted and ready to go under the needle. It measure about 60" square. I am thinking about  quilting it with these threads... WonderFil Tutti 50wt.   Starting at the top of the quilt, I will use  the purple thread on the purple strips, pink on pink and green on green.  I want to try some free motion "organic" straight lines from side to side  for the quilting.  




I will be busy for the next few days.  My lovely little guild is participating in the 
8th Annual Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival in Amherst, Nova Scotia again this year, for just the second time, and I am helping to set up the display tomorrow for a Friday and Saturday showing at Amherst Town Hall on Victoria Street (Festival Headquarters). Stop by and say hello if you are in town for the Festival.  I would love to see you and I would love for you to see all the quilty goodness made by my guildmates. You will be inspired!   Check out NSFAF website, at the link above, for info or please feel free to get in touch with me.   

I am linking up with the Needle and Thread Network.  Stop by and check out all the quilty goodness from across Canada.  

Hope you get time to do some quilting today!




15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...gorgeous fabrics and I love how you placed them in your quilt. Yummy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy person! Quilt looks interesting. Would like to visit the Fibre Arts festival - in my future - hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the quilt. Such a fun design.
    Enjoy the Fibre Festival. Maybe next year, I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the quilt. Such a fun design.
    Enjoy the Fibre Festival. Maybe next year, I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Linda! It's just gorgeous! I'm really looking forward to seeing it all quilted up, but not as much as I'm looking forward to seeing you later today! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, as always from you, Linda!! I will be popping in to Festival Headquarters to say hi to you and Karen later on. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like what you did with this quilt. Can't wait to see it quilted. Good luck at the show. I'm not going to be able to make it now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, "breaking away" is the perfect name for this little gem. They just want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The name suits the quilt, perfectly. I love how you've showcased all the fabrics. It's beautiful. Have fun at the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Organic straight lines are the way to go on the quilting. Love the colours. Enjoy the festival. One day I will get down there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the straight strips and the colors that you've chosen! I'm curious to see how it looks when you are done quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I told you I was going to catch up on my blog viewing this evening! I can't help but try and be productive while I'm relaxing! I love how this is coming along. The wavy organic quilting is going to soften its linear nature. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving this Linda and that thread is delicious. I like that this quilt lets the fabric shine. Perfect for Tula!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you did with all those Eden prints! Absolutely gorgeous! Have fun at the festival :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colour gradation and a great top. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.