Tuesday, September 8, 2015

What's Happening!

Just to let you know...things have improved a great deal with my Dad since his stroke and life is almost back to normal. Quite miraculously!
  
I am taking things easy and spending some time sorting and cleaning up my sewing basement because I am having a houseguest!  Very happy to say that my dear friend, Karen of KaHolly will be spending a few days with me.  We are both very excited about getting the chance to spend some quality quilty time together.  We have known each other for a few years and met through our blogs.  Karen lives on Cape Breton Island( a 3 1/2 hr drive from me) for part of the year and spends the other part in the U.S.  We only get the chance to spend real time together for a few hours a couple of times a year.  So spending a few days together will be just amazing!  
As luck would have it, Thursday evening is the September meeting of my lovely little guild, the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild and since Karen will be here, we can attend together.  That will be such fun.  There will be lots of photos. 

I really need to get some baby sewing done soon but until I do, here is a look at the gorgeous baby blanket that my Knitty Sister made for her new grandbaby.  It is soooo soft and the colour is amazing.  If you would like details on this little beauty please feel free to ask and I can find out for you.




I have started a new Facebook page to share my fabric addiction.  It is called "The Fabric Pig" (yes I am!)  "Like" it so you can follow along with me and you can share some of your fave fabric acquisitions.  I know I am not the only one!

I didn't sew anything today, but I hope that you did!  

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you tomorrow and to meet all the guild members in person on Thursday night! Looking forward to seeing your fabric pig sty! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that your Dad is on the mend. Have fun sewing and playing with Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about your dad! Have fun with your houseguest. A quilty friend....how fun is that????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the knitted blanket. Have a great time with your friend. A mini retreat. Sounds good....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased to hear that Dad is doing well - such a worry. Knitty Sister has done a brilliant job - it's beautiful. WOW - Quilty time with Karen - how lovely. Shall be thinking of you both. Great idea with the facebook page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that your Dad is getting better. Love the blanket your sister has knitted, and how exciting to have Karen come and visit - hope you don't chat yourselves hoarse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear your Dad is getting on well.... how lovely to have Karen to come and stay and that knitted blanket is lovely...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to meet Karen! And the Fabric Pig - I love being in on your fabric adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news about your Dad. It must be such a relief. The blanket is gorgeous. Enjoy your visit with Karen. There's nothing like having another quilter around to spark your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry Linda , I didn't know your dad had a stroke , glad to hear things have improved . I am sure this has been a very stressful time . Sending you hugs . Lucky you getting to spend time with Karen , I heard you had a fun time together .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.