Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Corn...No Beans!

This is a quilt that I started in December 1997! I finished the piecing in December of 1998...wow...this has been a UFO for a long time. 20 Years!  I think this is my oldest UFO.  It is a combo of two quilt blocks...54/40 or Fight and Corn and Beans.   The pattern came from American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine August 1997 - called "Scrap Showcase".   I call it  "Corn...No Beans" because I changed the corn and beans block by eliminating a few pieces to make less piecing. A few friends and I worked on this quilt top together and we swapped scraps of fabric.  Our challenge was to have no two fabrics alike.    My quilt has approx 780 different pieces of fabric and measures 68" x 68"!  






I quilted wavy lines in free motion from side to side and some from top to bottom.  I wasn't about to spend too much time doing anything intricate as I knew it would be hard to appreciate a lot of work on this busy quilt. 











Took me just a few hours to finish up this project.  Why, oh why, did I wait 20 years to finish it.    It will have a new home at my mother's house.  


Hope you have time soon to finish up an older project.  It's a great feeling!  😄

11 comments:

  1. You go girl! a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Linda! I know how good it feels! 20 years is a longgggg time, though! Congratulations! I love it because I still love scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it.... so great in scraps but you chose your colours so well it looks so well coordinated... great to have that 'vintage' finish!! haha
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a really old UFO. Congrats on getting it finished. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have so many different fabrics there Linda. Such a treasure of fabrics from that time. It's a beautiful finish - yes, why did you take so long!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the old fabrics in this quilt. 20 years is a long time. So glad you finally got it finish. It will be happy at your mom’ s house. Great finish. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super scrappy quilt! I really like it. Maybe you can bring this pattern back into vogue. Don't things come back around after about 20 years? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great UFO finish! I'm sure it will be appreciated at your mom's house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like it and I'm sure it felt good to cross it off your UFO list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.