Friday, April 6, 2018

What's Happening!!

April is here...no snow on the ground...still cool and I am getting ready for a much-needed getaway...Maritime Modern Quilt Guild's 3rd Annual Quilting Retreat at beautiful White Point Beach Resort by the ocean near Liverpool, Nova Scotia., April 12 to 15.  Here is the link to a live webcam of the view we will have. 

 I have spent time precutting a few projects that I will be working on over the retreat weekend.

First up, "Banner Year" designed by Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop. A Canadian designer! My fave!


 "Banner Year" made by Adrienne Klenck of Seam Work. (with permission) It is so lovely in person. (and so is Adrienne!😊)

 Andrea is my friend and guildmate and she will be attending retreat so she will be nearby if I have any questions or problems.  Check out her website to learn about her amazing quilting journey.  
I will be doing something different for the background using Kona solids and for the banners I am using Alison Glass and Libs Elliott fabrics.  If you follow me on Instagram I will probably be posting progress pics from retreat.  

My second project that I will be sewing up at retreat is "The Sewing Machine Quilt" by Cheryl Arkison, another awesome  Canadian designer. 


I bought this pattern in Calgary when I visited last year.  Cheryl will be spending time with my lovely little guild, MMQG, in the fall with a class and a trunk show.  Can't wait!



I have 35 x 10 1/2" blocks made using my collection of Blueberry Park fabrics by Karen Lewis to make the sewing machines and assorted low volumes for the backgrounds.  It was super fun to make.   I love improv piecing so I was in my glory making this one.  
Just need to sew the rows together and get it basted and quilted.  This one is for me!

I will also be taking a few small items to sew and of course there will be some guild projects to work on so I think my weekend will be full. 

Less than a week to wait for total quilty immersion! 

What about you?  Do you retreat?  


11 comments:

  1. have never been on a retreat, I do not belong to a guild or sewing group though

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be such a fun time for you. Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of any retreats happening here in rural France. I hope you have a lovely time concentrating on quilting! Love the little sewing machines. Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a great time away, I am always jealous of quilters who get to go on retreat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute sewing machines; did you do a block for each one you own? :) Have fun on your retreat - you've chosen a beautiful spot to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are ready for this retreat! Can’t wait to see everything you make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your retreat spot is amazing. Just forward your email to a friend hoping I can talk her into making the trip next year. You will enjoy Cheryl. I attended a workshop with her a couple of years ago. She’s very down to earth and a great teacher. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes! I too am retreating this weekend. I'm off to Wales for a bag making retreat

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I cannot wait to hang out with you for a whole weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some great projects on the go! Have a super time...will be there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.