Wednesday, October 18, 2017

A Quilt For Me!

I make a lot of quilts for family and friends. I love being on the giving end.  Each quilt I make has a lot of special thought and love sewn in.  But just recently I was on the receiving end of a very thoughtful, loving quilt.  I still can't believe it.  My amazing friends got together and made me a quilt to celebrate my upcoming 65th birthday which happens on November 1.  The instigator, Karen Roy of KaHolly, contacted my friends several months ago to contribute a signed block and then she sewed it all up into a top. Check out Karen's latest blog post to find out how I was surprised with this wonderful gift.


photo courtesy of KaHolly Quilts

Karen Roy also did the spectacular free motion machine quilting on this awesome quilt.  Her quilting just gives me shivers of delight.  Here are a few close-ups.




















And...the back....how awesome is this!!  Karen Chase of Sugar Free Quilted Designs designed and sewed up the lettering for the backing.  I love it so much!  


And Karen Roy designed the label block with a wonderful inscription as well as the names of all those who contributed blocks.  

A great big thank you goes out to all involved in giving me the best birthday gift I could ever imagine. I have already slept beneath my new quilt and it is soft and cuddly and very warm.   I feel a huge quilty hug!  💖

14 comments:

  1. That truly is a beauty...what fun we all had in making blocks and now seeing the end product - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gives me goosebumps that you are so pleased! In all my years of making quilts, this one was the most fun ever! I couldn't have done it without the help from all of your friends! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a quilty hug! So glad you enjoyed it as much as your friends enjoyed making it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice you are on the receiving end this time , your quilt is awesome and has so much meaning coming from all your friends . So glad Karen came up with this idea !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never more deserving than you! And such a fun secret to keep! Much love to you, my friend! Karen Roy did an amazing job on this beautiful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many Karen's - I read KaHolly and have exchanged messages with her over the years and read about this quilt yesterday I think it was - such a neat quilt and present - happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a lucky you to have such wonderful friends to make such a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful gift. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely - so very well deserved Linda. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift! How lucky you are to have such great quilty friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely, thoughtful gift! So nice to see you on the receiving end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt turned out absolutely beautiful, Karen did a stellar job. So pleased I could be a tiny part of your memory quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely to be surprised with a beautiful quilt...happy birthday for the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a great quilt. Glad that you were surprised. Sorry I missed out on making a block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.