Sunday, May 21, 2017

Me and Poppyprint

Krista Hennebury, aka Poppyprint, visited my lovely little guild recently. Krista is a member of the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild.   She taught two classes and also presented her wonderful trunk show for us.  Krista has some Maritime roots so we all connected instantly.  Her trunk show was a delight of traditionally modern quilts.  She gave a very insightful talk on modern quilting that resonated with me.    


 Krista is a wonderful teacher and if you ever get the chance to take one of her classes, I suggest that you do.  She sure made me think.  Here is my result of her class.


This is my "Improv Garden". Sometimes  I sew on my deck using my Featherweight when the weather is good.  You can see a spool of thread in the top row.  Also a bird next to the spool. Lots of birds in my yard.  Along the bottom are flowers.  Top left is my new privacy fence that I use to take quilty photos. Arrows.. I love arrows! I needed them to extend into the border.  Now to get it quilted.  I have a plan.  
I must say that I had a bit of trouble making this piece work for me but I have some amazing quilty friends and they can always talk me down.  Thanks to Karen @ KaHolly for making me look at this with different eyes and encouraging me to not give up on where I wanted to go.  

I hope you have some amazing quilty friends who encourage you to go where you want to go.  Sometimes we can't see what others can.  A bit sappy but true!

8 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully...and you can always count on Karen @ KaHolly to lend a helping hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very 'interesting'. I'm afraid I'm a very traditional quilter, but it's interesting to see what others are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Love those bright colours and the way you have incorporated special things in your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It came out beautifully, Linda! Right up your alley! Encouraging you to take just one more look at it was easy because you had already slept on it, and you were ready. I know it will be totally amazing when you've given it your magic quilting touch! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fascinating piece and I love that you have included your own associations. I am looking forward to seeing it quilted. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful piece, Linda. I can see it in other colour ways too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very 'interesting'. I'm afraid I'm a very traditional quilter, but it's interesting to see what others are doing.


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.