Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Summer sewing


It's been a fabulous summer, weather-wise! We have been sticking close to home because RetiredHub is working on a massive DIY replacement project in our backyard.
  He has been working at it since mid-April.  He is getting very close to being done. I will get a real nice photo to show you when he is all done.

So with RetiredHub busy with his project, I got a lot of time to sew this summer.  Here's a few things I wanted to show you. First, A really nicely made armchair pincushion that I received in 
my lovely little guild's pincushion swap at our last meeting.  It is made by Crystal and what a great job she did.  The pincushion is detachable, which is a nice feature and I love the detail she added to keep some WonderClips.   There's a nice big elastic to keep any size thread close at hand.  It drapes over the arm of my chair perfectly and keeps everything nice and tidy and within reach when sitting and sewing.

Here's the pincushion I made for the swap. 

 I also made one for myself!


Next up is the postcard swap hosted by Sheila.  My swap partner was Maria in Australia and here is the card she sent me. So cute!

And here is the that I made and sent to Maria.

Also, I made this RowxRow pattern from Patch Halifax.  I used a scrap bag of fabrics that I purchased at Patch to make the buildings and the night sky and roadway came from my stash.  




At my last guild meeting I won this lovely prize provided by Spoonflower.  Guild member Lori gave a presentation about the ins and outs of this fabric printing website and they so kindly sent along several prizes.  So nice of them.  I have already ordered some fabric with the $35.00 coupon that I won.

I sewed up the Block of the Month that I was working on.  The 12 blocks are from Sew Mama Sew's 2014 BOM.  I wanted the quilt top to have lots of negative space so I can do some creative quilting. 

 I have the backing all pieced and ironed and ready to get it all basted so I can start quilting soon.  This little guy will be appear on the back.


That's it for now.  Hope you are enjoying the summer and that you get to do all the quilty things you like to do.


12 comments:

  1. Wow - look at all those lovelies! Love both postcards. Can't wait to see what DH has been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pincushions you made, the pin fabric is too cute! And the BOM top you made is absolutely lovely. I'm sure you will make good use of all that negative space! The little snail is such a cute touch for the backing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, your work is amazing! Love everything! Your row X row is so sweet, and your BOM is perfect. Can't wait to see your quilting on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. The postcards are great. I really like your snail and the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun projects here. Love the pincushion swaps. I am looking forward to seeing the quilting you do with all of that open space. FUN! Cute, cute snail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pincushions and postcards. Love the snail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work as always , love the postcards and your quilt will be amazing with your quilting .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots and lots of fun sewing! The snail is a nice touch! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot to comment on! Your armchair pincushion is lovely and your make was brilliant. I love the cards - both of them and I also love Spoonflower. I ordered Dr Who fabric from them a couple of years ago for a special project and they were brilliant. The postage to France was very reasonable too. Stunning quilt top - I am looking forward to seeing all the beautiful quilting you do on it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both pincushions that you made and received in your swap....
    you've been making some gorgeous tops. Cute Snail...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects! You have been busy this summer. I have been looking after my granddaughter. Everything else gets put aside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.