Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Works in Progress...a few anyway!




I started a new project yesterday.  It's called "Paper Shredder Quilt".  I am making it for RetiredHub as a sort of joke.  He loves, loves to shred paper with his fancy shredder so we jokingly call him "Shredder" sometimes.  Aside from that, I was drawn to this pattern for another reason.  It is all about the slice and insert technique which I love.  It starts off with just a few strips in each block (10" finished) and increases to 6 or more strips so it looks like paper strips falling and accumulating on the bottom.  I am using Free Spirit "Goldfish" for the background blocks and I cut up several of my treasured text prints to use as the "paper strips". It will measure 50" x 60" when complete.  Three more rows to go. Here's my progress so far.  



I also have finished sewing the curved blocks for my 
"Urban Candy" quilt.

 All 80 blocks are now ready to sew into a quilt top.  


And, I finished with the final design, the purples, in my
 Scrappy Tula Pink Trilogy.  This one is called "Lots of L's for Linda" . This one is just for me! I used Kona "Snow" for the background.   It measures 46" x 62".   So now all three of my scrap quilts are ready to be basted. (ugh..the worst part)  
I am enjoying the sun today so I had to put up with the shadowing in my photos in my back yard.
  

I am linking up with Connie @Freemotion by the River for Linky Tuesday for the very first time.  I have been following Connie's blog for years and figured it was about time to get my act together and join in.  Stop by and check out all the quilty goodness or better yet, join in too!

Hope you get time today to do some quilting!

 

11 comments:

  1. Great quilts! THe Shredder is really unique. And what a fantastic header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the shredder is looking - what a great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the shredder. And the other two as well. But the shredder? Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shredder idea!! It looks cool the way you have it on your design wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your header photo!! That bub is so cute! The shredder quilt will be amazing, it is a great idea, the L quilt is great too and so are the curved blocks! Lots of lovely things happening in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha! Love that shredder quilt! "M" will love it, too! Has he seen it? L's for Linda is very clever! You had sun? Well, we sort of did, too, inbetween the clouds, but that North wind was bitter. Tomorrow looks better, then more rain. I, getting green around the edges! Have fun basting those quilt tops! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 'shredder quilt' is quite interesting. Look forward to see what way you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shreader quilt is so neat and your hubby will love it! Looks like you have some great projects going on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh... slice and dice shredder quilt. That one's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your paper shredder quilt. Just so different and amazing. Love the Linda quilt :) Good for you for making something for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.