Sunday, May 3, 2015

What's Happening!

I returned home Friday evening from my trip to Vancouver.  I spent most of Saturday sleeping off the 4 hour time difference.  Today I slept in a bit too but now I am back to normal (my description of normal). I am really behind in blog reading etc, but way ahead in fabric buying! 

It was just wonderful to spend time with RetiredHub's family in Maple Ridge and North Vancouver. My first time meeting most of them.  
Claudine loved the quilt I made for her.  What a sweetheart she is.  







We stayed in downtown area and used the SkyTrain, bus system and the West Coast Express, and our two feet to get back and forth for visiting the families.  It was fun but my little body did complain!  I am just not used to so much activity in a day. I would do it all again though.  Vancouver is an awesome city.  The time went too quickly and there was lots more to see, so I think we will be returning.  

We did get the chance to visit two modern quilt shops.  The Spool of Thread and The Cloth Shop.  A must-visit if you are in Vancouver.  
Spool of Thread

The opposite wall had the same amount of shelving.

Spool of Thread

I didn't get any photos at The Cloth Shop, but be assured, it was awesome!  The ladies working there were lovely and very helpful.  It is located in the Granville Market.  They tell me that they will be doing online ordering soon.  
Some of my purchases


You will be seeing these new lovlies showing up in my quilts in the near future.

Hope you have a chance to do some quilting today.  I am going to sort my new fabric and find a place for it in my stash.








11 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful boost, Linda! I'd love to visit that area one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family time is always nice. Great fabrics you picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My question about fabric has been answered :)! Very nice!! Glad you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! Sounds like you had a fabulous trip! Nice to see that you found time to visit some quilt shops and found some treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you had a good trip, I just wish we had had the chance to meet up! Next time! You've got some great purchases there - can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great visit. Now....back to the busy time of catching up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the tips, we are heading out to Vancouver in June, so now I have a couple of new destinations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a nice trip - love the fabrics you picked up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited to visit spool of thread this weekend. Hubby and I are taking a little road trip ; )
    I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.vancouver has so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my kind of trip! Spending time with family.........seeing a different part of the country......and visiting quilt shops I have never been to before! Looks like everyone, including you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want those low volumes text prints!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.