Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Making progress


There is a week left in March and I just can't wait for some warmth so that all the horrible mountains of snow will start to melt and go away.  If you hear me say...."Yay, another Sew Day/Snow Day!"  you can give me a good kick.  We had more than our share of inside days recently.  This photo shows my backyard, just a foot from the back door. A lot of shovelling.   Next year we are getting a snowblower!  



On to some quilty things now.....Here is the fabric postcard that I received from Jo in Australia.  It is so cute and so well done. I love the little lace canopy over the door. This was Jo's first time participating in Sheila's Swap.  I just love it. Thanks Jo!  




This is the postcard that I sent to Jo. I tried my hand at thread painting after seeing a post by Gail @  Quilt, Knit, Run, Sew.  Stop by and check out Gail's blog.  She makes lots of wonderful quilty things.  



Update - Machine Quilting Month - March 2015 

Of the 4 projects on my list, that I hope to finish before the end of March

1. "Nine Patch with an Attitude" - complete


2 - comfort quilt for Claudine - complete 
RetiredHub and I will be travelling to Vancouver the end of April to visit with family there.  Claudine is RetiredHub's brother Lorne's daughter.  Lorne passed away in December and she misses him so much that I thought a quilty hug was in order to take with me to give to her when we visit. This will be our first time meeting.  She told me that her fave colours were burgundy, pink and dark green so I knew I had lots to work from in my older "Scrash"  I made rail fence blocks and arranged them in what I thought was an interesting design.  I  used an older tiny pink floral print on the back and binded in scrappy strips of the dark green.  I free motion swirled the Kona snow areas and left the burgundy and green unquilted. I used Aurifil 50# thread in a cream colour.It is soft and cuddly after washing and drying and I know it will make a wonderful comfort quilt.  I don't think Claudine reads my blog but if she does, then she will have something to look forward to if she sees that I made a quilt, just for her, in memory of her beautiful Dad.  
   




3 - Kona table runner - complete 
I pieced this runner together last fall and finished it up this month with some straight line quilting as well as some loop-de-loops.  This is intended for my outside table.  It will be a while before the outdoor furniture is put out this year!  




                
                           4 - Jamie's Quilt - preparing to baste 

 So, I am not doing too bad with my goal.  Just one more to complete!  


Hope you had time today to get some quilting done.  

                           


17 comments:

  1. You have been a very busy quilter! Of course, all that snow helped :)You have done an exceptional job on all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great projects and such a wonderful reason to make a quilt - to comfort someone special. One day all that snow will be just a memory. Honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing you relaxing on your snow couch! Your quilts are fabulous! I especially love the one that is going to Vancouver, and the black and white one will be stunning when quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so productive! Great quilts, Linda! And such a lovely comfort quilt you have made - I am sure she will cherish it and appreciate how you have made it to her tastes. Love the snow pic! Aren't we all just so tired of the snow??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone has been keeping busy!I love that last quilt, nice and graphic with that black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very productive month, even with all the snow. I have not been doing much the past week or so...too much shovelling. sigh....can't wait for winter to be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh....you must be tired of the snow by now. Thank goodness you can stay busy with sewing inside.

    I love those postcards. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a busy bee! I'm so lazy these days I feel pretty envious!
    All your projects are awesome...can't wait to see what you do to the B&W.
    The comfort quilt turned out beautifully, she will love it. The modern setting of the blocks really updates the colour scheme! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have been very productive - lots of great finishes, and you still have time to get the last one done! If you have a chance, perhaps we can meet up for a coffee when you're out here?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That IS a lot of snow! WOW! Gorgeous quilts being made by you and more on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All are very lovely. I love the quilt you will be taking to Vancouver. You have been very busy but I know you will be happy to see all that snow gone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The amount of snow you all get never fails to amaze me - you must get so fit over winter with all that shovelling! The postcards are lovely - I just sent mine off for the swap yesterday. Good on you with all the quilting and the gorgeous finishes - have you decided how you will quilt the black and white one?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I know you are tired of the snow but I do love to see it.. Cools me down..LOL
    Both postcards are sew different and I love them both..
    what a busy quilter you have been, they look great. Have fun doing Jamie's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your goals for the month are coming along quite nicely, ScrapMaster! Guess those snow/sew days are paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two lovely postcards Linda. Your quilt for Claudine is gorgeous and I am sure she will love and appreciate it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Linda! You aren't doing badly at all! Bet your sewing machines are smokin'...better keep the fire extinguisher handy, or maybe a couple of buckets of snow water. There's no way all that snow will be gone by the time I return. Ugh! Your projects are all beautiful and will be truly cherished! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that's a lot of snow!! I can see why you're ready for some warmer weather. I like your new header with the cool cardinal :-) Great postcards all around and the comfort quilt is sure to bring just that-comfort and a bit of cheer. Lovely quilting on that quilt, by the way. Here's hoping that warmer weather is coming your way....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.