Here's my squares all cut and ready to make HSTs
I wanted to make a new improv pieced quilt and ended up with 3 x 12" blocks and 12 x 3" blocks. What fun! I am in my glory when making these kind of blocks.
I sewed the squares together and then surrounded them with some yummy "Britten Nummers" from Ikea. I even managed to make a scrappy binding.
I quilted straight lines in sections. I used a variegated thread from Wonderfil called "Tutti". #TU08.
It is a 50# cotton with distinct long colour changes. I love the look it gave. I had some tension issues with my machine and I am not super pleased with my stitch but it is what it is..My machine needs a good cleaning, we are way overdue. On the back I used a very pretty Riley Blake floral with an orangey background.
I ended up applying the binding by machine. It's OK but I still haven't perfected machine binding and I don't think I ever will. Just not a fan.
Here's a little look at some of the quilted areas.
My first quilty finish for 2015. Not sure yet where it will live.
Hope you had time to do something quilty today.
PS......HELEN BOWIE....if you see this, I would love to reply to your last comment but you are a No-Reply Blogger and I can't get in touch with you, so if you read this, please email me so I can respond to you. Thanks!