I having been working on my #5 commitment for the Library Challenge off and on since last month. If you haven't already, you can go here to see my choices. I have switched out my original #5 commitment for this one. This is going to be my picnic/car quilt so I am taking a bit of creative sewing license here.
After raw edge appliqueing the large and small hexagon to the 17 1/2" background square, I layered each one with a scrap piece of batting and freemotion quilted spirals in the centres. Then I sewed the 12 squares together into a top. I sewed the squares together, batting included. I will press them open and then probably quilt on either side of the seam lines to hold everything down nice and flat. The next step will be to add a backing and then do more freemotion quilting to hold it all together. I really like how is is going so far. Great way to use up all those odd pieces of batting. And I also used different matching colours of thread on each block and that helped me clear out a bunch of odd bobbins.
|Amy Butler "Soul Blossoms" and Kona Solids|
I am linking up with Adrienne @ Chezzetcook Modern Quilts. Stop by!