Took me two days to get all the quilting done. I don't enjoy pinbasting a large quilt so I decided to give spray basting a try. Thankfully, I had help. I wasn't quite sure of how successful it would be, but it turned out just perfectly. I pieced the backing and so that had to be straight so I pinned it carefully, with the use of a carpenter's level, to my design wall. I made some registration marks, directly on the design wall, so I would know where the centre top, bottom and sides were for placing the top correctly. Next, with RetiredHub's help, we pinned the batting just at the very top and then as he held the batting up and out of my way, I sprayed the backing. Then we carefully let the batting fall into place as we patted it down firmly and eliminated any lumps. Then the batting was sprayed and the same process happened with applying the pieced top. Only this time, we made sure to line up the centre top, bottom and sides of the pieced top with the registration marks on the wall . Worked like a charm and I didn't have any trouble at all during quilting. So, yes, I would do this again, because it sure is speedier than pinning, but I definitely need an extra set of hands . And most importantly, when using spray basting glue, wear a mask!
I won a giveaway of some cute little fabrics and an embroidered purse from Julia @ Jada's Quilting Adventures. Thanks Julia!
Hope you get time to do something quilty today!