We were given 6 different 1/8 yard WOF strips with instructions to make anything quilted using any of the strips given plus we could add other MM prints or any other solid fabric.
I was totally inspired by one of the fabrics called "Pegs a plenty", the stacked bricks type one. I wanted to recreate that fabric in an original way. In my style of creating, I just started sewing with only an idea of an end result. I don't write anything down. I just can't take the time to keep track on paper. I just started cutting slabs of the prints and solids and then added Kona white wonkily til I got the look I wanted for each block. Then sewed the rows together adding the white to make the length of each row match up to the longest one. (hope I explained that well enough) I used all the MM fabrics given and added the remaining solids to fill in. Then I added the entire strip of the stacked bricks fabric to the left hand side to pull it all together. At least I think it works. I haven't decided on the backing and binding as yet, but whatever it is it will come from my stash, because the other challenge for me was to use whatever I had on hand and to not buy anything new. Still unnamed as well. I am preparing to get it basted and quilted in the next few days.
I am linking up with Adrienne @ Chezzetcook Modern Quilts for the May update of the Library Challenge.