Thursday, April 17, 2014

I'm NOT on a fabric fast!


Today was the day.  Fabric run!  I took along a friend, Janet, who was visiting from Saint John, NB.  She needed fabric to finish a project and I needed thread.  We visited Avonport Discount Fabrics and had a great time browsing and drooling and spending money.   I haven't been to Avonport since last Fall and have been anxious to get there.  I had a great time and returned home with lots of new inspiration. 


I used all my white and light Aurifil 50# thread over the winter so I need to restock.  Just bought 4 spools today so I will have a good reason to return to the fabric store 



More Lucy Crab Shack for my collection

a cute Riley Blake from 2011

another cute Riley Blake 2013

some Basic Grey to add to my collection

Not sure what this is, but very cute!

fabric in the centre is "Flower Girl" by The Pattern Basket for Henry Glass ( along with 2 fat quarters of Kona "Bahama Blue"



"Spot On Wide" by Henry Kaufman  108" wide backing

To use for a totebag for my niece

Love, love love  Sorry I only bought a fat quarter. 

Konas from the remnant bin. 
Now I need to get sewing!  I am working on binding my "Improv Quilt" tonight and that will be off my list.  My long, long  UFO list. 

Hope you had time to quilt today!

7 comments:

  1. Good on you!! Looks like you were in paradise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo! look at all that lovely fabric! have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What lovely fabric goodness!!! I like your balance of fun prints with colorful solids :) And who can ever have enough Aurifil???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times in Avenport! I am so due for a little drive that way... Go check out my last post... I bought one of the same cute red white flower fabric as you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kona in the remnants bin? Score! Now I think I need to go....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The unknown fabric is Blake Riley that goes with the one you purchased. I received the set in my monthly fat quarter collection from Sew Sisters a few months back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to Avonport in years. Your new purchases are making me want to "hit the gas" and go. Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.