Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday

 I haven't really accomplished much lately. Just plugging away at several UFOs.
I was able to get "My Reminiscence" basted and ready to handquilt. I will be quilting it in my hoop, in my lap.   It is 66" square and destined to hang on the wall in my livingroom. 
"My Reminiscence" hand-appliqued by me!

I am also working on getting the third round border, for Darlene's Mystery Quilt, machine appliqued.  I got two of the four borders completed today.  It was slow going but I really love the result.  I used two layers of tissue paper as a stabilizer.  I used a variegated Tutti 50# by Wonderfil in lovely shades of bluish greys.  I used a Superior Titanium 90# needle.

I also have been lucky enough to be able to pass on my quilting knowledge to two young women.  One is my Sweet Niece, Katherine and the other is her friend Lindsey, equally as sweet.  Lindsey is a young mother of a one-yea rold boy.  She wanted to make him a Rag Quilt.  I have never made one before, but we researched, bought fabric and got it all cut and sewed up.  Just need to do the clipping and then I will post a pic. They were both so enthralled with the process that we have another project coming up.  Katherine just got a new puppy, so she wants to make a dog bed and Lindsey wants to learn to make a memory quilt for her Dad.  I think they are hooked and of course there is no cure!

Lindsey working hard on quilting her blocks

Katherine taking it slow and steady so she doesn't get a pucker. 
I am linking up with the Needle and Thread Network.  Stop by and check out all the quilty goodness going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.