Saturday, December 18, 2010

Santa came early!!

I stopped by Atlantic Fabrics in Dartmouth today. My plan was to buy fleece for my niece  to make a blanket for her boyfriend for a  Christmas gift and not to buy anything for myself until after Christmas but  much to my absolute delight, they are now carrying Wonderfil threads.  I love the Invisifil for machine quilting.  It is 100wt soft polyester.  I also bought a spool of 80wt Deco-Bob and a 50wt spool of cotton Konfetti.   
Of course I brought some home with me as well as a few batiks to use in a Bento Box quilt I am making for my son's new apartment.  He wanted me to make  "Tokyo Subway Map"   to hang over his sofa. I seriously thought about it. But I told him I didnt think I would get in done in the time he wanted because of all the things I have on the go at the moment  so he said "How about I commission you to do it Mum?"
Oh really,  I dont think I would ever see a penny!! Anyway, I talked him out of that one and suggested Bento Boxes.  He thought that would work well for his style!!  I plan on using batiks so I bought a few fat quarters today that I think will please him. I also bought two cute pairs of scissors.  I dont need them and they arent the best quality but they were so cute!

RRCB update.....working on Clue#5.  600 - 2 inch unfinished - half square triangles needed!!   I have almost 400 made.  I am using the method where you sew around all four sides of two squares right sides together and then cut each on both diagonals yielding four HSTs  from the two squares. I am enjoying this mystery.  I am using up lots of scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.