Friday, April 23, 2010

Close Call


I have had to put my string quilt making on hold for a bit while I work on machine quilting a quilt top I made a while back. Mike and I have finally painted the livingroom and I need something for the wall so I decided to try my hand at free-motion quilting. We are hosting a wedding shower in a week and we needed a freshening. I had lots of troubles with thread breakage and needle breakage and finally, with help from a quilting expert, I found my way. As I was finishing up the borders, for whatever reason, my thumb went near the needle....too near!!. When the needle hit my gloved hand (Machingers) it penetrated a bit and then broke. Could have been worse if I wasnt wearing the gloves with the rubber tips. Close call!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your finger is ok and that you haven't lost your courage to get back at the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh...scary. Too easy to happen. Hope your fingers still add up to ten :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.