Monday, January 2, 2023

My First Finish of 2023!

WooHoo!  I have a finish!  Since yesterday, Jan. 1, was a holiday, I stayed home and sewed all day.  I had already basted this quilt a few weeks ago so it didn't take long to get it finished up . The quilt is a result of the Ruby Star Society Summer SewAlong this past year.  I used mostly original Cotton and Steel prints with a background of Firefly in Whisper by Art Gallery.  I pieced the backing with  the darkest prints and Firefly.   I used the darkest navy Kona solid for the binding.  

I freemotion quilted with wavy lines horizontally and vertically thru the dark and medium fabrics and did a meander in the background squares.  I used a lovely Aurifil dark pink for the prints and Aurifil silver white (Love this colour thread, Karen, ) for the background.    

This quilt is for my daughter, who is an original Cotton and Steel/Ruby Star fabrics nut!  This makes 3 quilts I have made for her using these fabrics.  finished size 67" square.






On to the next project now.  Hope you had a chance to do some quilting today.  😊


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.