Friday, March 13, 2015

MugRugSwap

My lovely little guild sponsored a Mug Rug Swap at our last meeting on March 12.  Here is the mug rug that I made for the swap.   Ann picked mine.  She loved it!


Chris at Patch Halifax had so generously given me the Charley Harper selvedge and it was kicking around my sewing room for a while and when the MugRug Swap at my guild was announced, well, I was off and running.  I blew up the cardinal from the selvedge on my photocopier and traced it and cut it out and then appliqued it to my favourite text fabric.  I used some fancy stitches from my machine to apply it.  I bought the text fabric from Mrs. P's in Amherst.  An awesome quilt shop. If you get the chance, you should check it out.   On the reverse,  I used the text fabric again, but I applied a vinyl coating, a fusible laminate.  So when you have your coffee or tea, you can use the laminated side so you don't have to worry about stains on the nice side.

Here is the mugrug that I picked.  It was made by Susan. I love it! She is a newbie and very gung-ho with quilting, which is so nice to see and be around.  I love the colours Susan has chosen.  I broke it in this morning with a lovely cup of coffee in my Polish pottery mug.

My beautiful QuiltySister is on her way home to Qatar tomorrow.  We had a wonderful visit and she will be back in the summer.  The weather cooperated while she was here which was just great.  Although the day after she leaves we are preparing for another blizzard.  Gahhhhh....enough already!


Hope you had time to do something quilty today.

8 comments:

  1. Charley Harper is a long time favorite of mine! How cute is that mug rug? Glad you had such a terrific time duribpng your sister's visit. I know you hate to have her leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun swap...Both Rug Mugs are lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mug rug is stunning with your fussy cut little red bird! So sweet! And what a great one you received....very well done for a newbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little cardinal was awfully cute... I must add a bit of fusible vinyl to my stash, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been lovin' that Charley Harper cardinal ever since that line of fabric started flying around the interwebs. Such a lovely mug rug - you make me wish I had participated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cardinal mug rug. Both of them are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the polish pottery mug - we have a little bit of that pottery, it's so gorgeous..
    xo
    eva
    b.c.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.