Monday, October 13, 2014

COME VISIT ME AND MMQG AT NSFAF

It's been a busy weekend. Our Thanksgiving meal is over.  My company has returned home.  Now I can concentrate fully on my next adventure.  Something new for me.  I am involved with setting up the very first quilt show of my lovely little guild...The Maritime Modern Quilt Guild.  Our Show is part of the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival and it will take place at Amherst Town Hall on Friday Oct. 17 and Saturday Oct 18 from 9 am til 4:30 each day. I will be there both days to be the face of MMQG and to answer questions.  You will see some amazing quilts.
It will be the first time that we will be showing off our amazing guild banner.  Adrienne, our President, took charge of designing the banner as well as coordinating the members contribution of blocks and then sewing them into a top and then  I did the freemotion quilting.  A signature block from each member who contributed was incorporated into the design of the backing.  Another member did the binding.  It was a wonderful group effort in such a timely manner and I am very proud to be part of it.  So, I hope you will stop by and visit our display and make sure to say hello to me.  
You can go here and see some nice shots of our banner. 

The Wedding Quilt Progress.   

I have the backing all ready to go.  I added two blank signature blocks just in case the late comers follow through and decide they want to be included.  If not, I can just write something on the blank ones.  Now to get it basted and ready for quilting.  It will be a challenge..but I am up for it.  Anything for my wonderful niece.
Hard to get a decent shot in my backyard....too many trees causing shadowing
I hope to see you in Amherst.  The Festival is an amazing 5 day event that all Nova Scotians should be very proud of.  This will be my 5th time attending but my very first time being involved and I am so excited!

And, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you managed to get some quilting done the past few days.

9 comments:

  1. It's a wee bit far away for me I'm afraid - although I'd love to be there. I hope there will be photos! Looking forward to seeing the banner.Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see you on Friday! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I wish I could hop a plane and see you in Amherst next weekend! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the backing , what a great contribution to the quilt. I hope to get to Amherst on Friday or Saturday , I will be looking for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to be setting up the booth with you on Thursday-should be a lot of fun! See you and Nicola soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish I could hang out with you at FibreFest this week-end... the show's going to be awesome! I just know it! And that banner's going to get rave reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Linda, how I wish I could attend. Amherst is just a little too far away. Your guild's banner is extraordinary!! I just love it. Have lots of fun and bring back loads of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited about this weekend! The car is loaded! You and Jeanette are going to be the best booth setter uppers ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOvely idea and so nice to se friends again

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.