My "Scrapbag Sailboats" quilt is all quilted up and the binding is sewn on to the front and I will handsew it to the back and sew in all the thread ends. I think I will take it with me to work on at the July Sew-in of the MMQG on Saturday. Here's a few shots of the quilting I did. On the Kona Snow I used Aurifil #50/2 colour no. 2000 and a 80/12 Superior Titanium topstitch needle and on the prints I used a Sulky Blendable 30# colour no. 4014 and a 90/14 Superior Titanium topstitch needle. I used the Sulky on the Kona Snow to freemotion the waves and little sailboats. I love how this turned out. For the first time I used Quilter's Dream Poly batting and it really was a dream to quilt. I enjoyed working with it but I don't think I would use it in my bed quilts. It just doesnt have the drape that I like, but for wallhangings and small projects, for sure. I haven't washed my little quilt yet, so we shall see.
I missed the last Sew-In because I had to co-host a bridal shower for my niece, Katherine. She is being married in August. The wedding will take place in Killam Mills, New Brunswick on the farm that she and her husband-to-be own. The shower was lots of fun and she received some wonderful gifts. I made her an original Rockford Red-Heeled Sock Monkey.Ever since I made one for my son, she has wanted one. I called him "Bumbee". I appliqued a honey bee on his bum to signify the fact that the happy couple will be raising honey bees....and horses...and goats...and rabbits...and most likely a few kiddies in the future!
Hope you had time to get some quilting done today!
I am linking up with the Canadian Needle and Thread Network. Stop by and check out what everyone is doing this week.