The past week was very productive in my sewing room. My newest project is coming along nicely. My Picnic Quilt. I have all the blocks ready for appliqueing, just hanging around my design wall. I will have more details of how I am sewing this one up, in my next post. Plus, I still have to rearrange a few things.
I sewed the binding on my "Warm Quilt, Cool Quilt" last night and it has had a turn in the washer and dryer and it turned out just so soft and cuddly. It is all ready to be gifted.
My experiment of spray basting this quilt, which measures 62" x 74", on my design wall turned out pretty good, I think. Everything is nice and straight. You can read about my process here.
My niece, Katherine, has chosen the fabrics for the wedding quilt I will be making for her and her hubby-to-be.
She wanted the fabrics to be neutral and suitable for a couple. Nothing flowery. I am not used to working with so few fabrics in one quilt so it will be something new for me to sew up. I will have to sit on my scrappiness!
I am just about to start cutting it up.
I was able to get all the sewing for Katherine's wedding completed. I made a 240" burlap and lace runner for the head table.
3 - 6 ft long runners for the buffet tables. These I made from a lovely off white linen dish towelling fabric.
I also made over 300" of burlap/lace flag garland for the front of the head table.
I made the garland for the quilt block signing table.
All the guests will sign a block that I will eventually turn into a backing for the wedding quilt.
I also wanted to show a cushion that my daughter, Nicola, made from my stash of 30's reproductions.
It was her first piecing project and it turned out really great . I finished it up with some freemotion meandering,
She hasn't caught the quilty bug yet but someday I hope she will.