Monday, February 10, 2014

Playing with Colour


This past Saturday I felt a great need to experiment and play with colour.(Cuz I didnt have anything else to do!!)   I started with a little precut 2 1/2" square Moda Mini called Mixed Bag.  With no particular pattern in mind, I just knew I wanted strips of colour so this is what I ended up with. I spaced each square of colour with a 1" strip of solid white and then  I separated the strips of colour with a 2 1/2" strip of a solid white .  I free-motion quilted with Wonderfil Konfetti colour K101 (white) using a 80/12 Superior Titanium topstitch needle in a loop-de-loop design and made it into a sofa cushion.  I had planned on doing a binded edge but I couldnt wait to get it sewn up and stuffed with a cushion form, and on my sofa.   Ends up 20" sq. 

Now back to getting my son's quilt top sewn up.  I have been dragging my feet on this one.  I get distracted easily. 

Another snowy day in Nova Scotia.  Hope you get some quilty time today. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Linda, it is just beautiful!! I absolutely love it. Boy, when your creative juices start to flow, there's no stopping you. The perfect 'in-between' project to break up the sometimes monotony of working on large quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it. Would you mind if I made one like it? It is such a fresh and modern design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Linda , so fresh and spring like , great choice of fabrics and your design is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's BEAUTIFUL, Linda. The colours and design are both calming and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really wonderful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful pillow! I love those bits of color with the white! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another adorable finish! Is there anything you can't do? You are truly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking really modern and fresh, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love love this pillow. So fresh and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Linda, this is such a great design. Very simple, but... someone had to think about it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently, I should read some of the other comments before I write so that I don't say exactly, word for word, what Ade says. Oh well... I did mean it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.