Also, I have almost finished the quilt top I am making for my Quilty Sister. I have already told her about it so I can show you my progress. She had a pet bunny named Stewie, that she had to find a new home for when she moved. She still misses him. This quilt is a tad feminine I know and Stewie is a boy bunny, but I think my sister will still love it. The pattern is called "Huggable Me" by Rabbits Haven, a Canadian pattern company. I was lucky enough to win this cute pattern in a giveaway last year and I just had to make it for her.
There are six bunny blocks and I used a different machine stitch to applique each bunny. I used Aurifil #50 to stitch around the bunnies and for the flowers and stems/leaves, I used Sulky 40# and stitched in freemotion. I switched from using my usual SteamaSeam2 for the fusible product and gave Heat n Bond Featherlite a try this time. I really liked how nice and light it was and didn't cause any problems with sewing. For stabilizer while stitching, I used two layers of tracing paper. Works great. Now to get the blocks sewn together and the borders on. and get it quilted. It should end up measuring approx. 45"x 55"
The Needle and Thread Network, so stop by and see what is happening this past week.