I also was able to get the borders sewn on my applique quilt. The pattern called for a stacked bricks border, like the background of the centre block, but I took a quicker route and sewed strips together randomly. I like how it turned out, but not crazy about it. The final border is a dark blueish green. It is all I could find in my stash. I didn't want to buy anything new to finish this top off. So now it is in the "To be Quilted" pile.
I sewed together two more blocks for my Dear Jane quilt. I am working on the blocks, two at a time. Some are easy and some will be a challenge. I am paper-piecing, hand-piecing, strip-piecing and appliquing them. I really am trying to avoid making templates as is suggested.
The Needle and Thread Network. Stop by and check out what is happening.