Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter 1912

Thought you might like to see another of my family postcard collection.  This one was sent to my Great Uncle Bernard.  Bernard was just a little boy at the time. I only met him once, when he returned to Prospect when his Mother, my greatgrandmother passed away.  I was 10 years old . He was born and raised in Prospect but moved to the States in the 30s and  married and raised his children in Boston, Mass. He passed away in 1971.
  This postcard, from a family friend,  is postmarked in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in April of 1912.  I was born in 1952 so this postcard was already 40 years old when I was born.  So special to have these treasures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.