Thursday, December 27, 2012

Part 5 - Easy Street

In between all the Christmas hubbub, I managed to complete Clue #5 of Easy Street (a Quiltville Mystery).  This step was easy and fun. I love the turquoise and purple together. I used Pam Bono's Angler 2 to stitch the little 2" purple squares on to the larger 3 1/2" turquoise squares.  I love this tool because it eliminates the need to draw diagonal lines on each square.  I used Invisifil ( by Wonderfil) 100# thread ,top and bottom, because it is a very thin thread and helps with reducing bulk in the seam when pressing the little square back. I also set my needle one click to the right to aid in making those edges meet when the little square is pressed out. I had to do very little trimming which makes me happy. 
I finished this step just in time, the next clue will be available tomorrow. 

I am linking up with The Monday Linkup at Quiltville, so stop by and check out what everyone is up to this week. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is a gorgeous fabric combination , can't wait to see this mystery revealed! Great work Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many wonderful purple and turqouise prints. Love them. Great job on the "turkeys" :) Looking forward to tomorrow and the next clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous purples and turqouise, love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous little house units - I love your turquoises. I hope we will be making bigger blocks this week from all our little units.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your units are stunning with gorgeous fabric choices and perfect piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool colors. I can't wait to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colors, can't wait to see the blocks going together. It is a lot of sewing. I have done the first two and started the third set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.