Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday



Unfortunately, my sewing machine is back in the shop for more servicing.  I am not a happy quilter.  So I dont have much sewing to show this week. I seriously need a back-up machine for these kinds of situations. Must stop buying fabric and save for new machine.. I didnt get my sample done in time for the June FreeMotion Challenge.  Oh well, I can still do it whenever I get the chance.    I did manage to get the borders sewn on my Scrappy Star table
 runner that I won on Holly's blog.
 

   I will be handquilting it.  Since it is handpieced, I found it was begging to be handquilted.  I showed it off yesterday at the quilt shop and everyone was impressed that it was handpieced.   It is wonderful.  I love it so much.  While I was  dropping my machine off  at the quilt shop, It's Sew Time, a  delivery of new fabrics arrived and was opened for all to have a look.  Now, that was fun!  It was just like Christmas morning.  I didnt buy anything!  

On Sunday, I made a trip to Mahone Bay and of course, had to stop by and visit all the fabric at Suttles and Seawinds.  It was amazing.  They have the most gorgeous fabrics and also their quilts for sale are spectacular.  I added to my Kaffe collection.  The lobster and fish fat quarter pack is intended to make a lap quilt for my father.









 







        I am linking up with The Needle and Thread Network,so stop by and see what everyone has been working on.

14 comments:

  1. Great fabrics, Linda! I love going to Suttles and Seawinds when I visit h my son who lives in Lunenburg.
    And I love the runner, if I must say so myself. You gave it a lovely finish! I'm almost jealous! Happy it has a god home though.
    I bought a little Jem Gold to take to workshops and it's great as a spare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great table runner. I'm glad that you are going to hand quilt it. You really must get a back up machine. I have a couple (few) that I can use. Great looking fabrics to add to your stash. Is there a plan for any of them other than the lobster and fish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to package fat quarters! Suttles has always been so good at the details. During my Acadia years I used to visit Mahone Bay with a girlfriend who was friends with the woman who owned the property Suttles is now in. I have some great memories of that amazing building-it was full of history! Hope your machine is back home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great runner Linda....what gorgeous fabrics. Did I hear you say 'Giveaway'???? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That table runner is stunning! I think it would be perfect to
    quilt it by hand. Sorry to hear that your sewing machine is still in the shop...ths must be very frustrating for you. Love the fabrics you bought...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your taste in fabric, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous fabric! If you buy a vintage sewing machine it won't cost a lot and you will still be able to buy lots of fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hand quilting should help to keep you occupied while your machine is in the shop! All those fabrics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I realize you have to save BUT... those are lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely table runner and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice of fabrics for borders on the runner.
    My machine is in the shop as well, but that's good because I'm on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The runner is so pretty and hand quilting it will really look great . The fabrics you bought at Suttles and Seawinds is gorgeous , it has been ages since I have visited that shop .

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful fabrics and the table runner is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely fabrics, they must have cost you a pretty penny!
    I can't wait to see the lap quilt you're making for your Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.